Having faucets that drip can waste up to 10,000 gallons of water every year. This equates to losing enough water to fill a swimming pool. You can save almost 10% off your yearly water bill just by getting faucet repair services.
What is the Problem
Many things can cause a faucet to leak. Here are a few of the most common problems:
• Worn Seals – Disc faucets contain inlet and outlet seals. With usage, sediment accumulates inside the assembly. This causes the seals to wear out. A plumber can clean out the accumulation and replace any seals they cannot save.
• Worn Washers – When you use a faucet with a rubber washer, the washer is forced against the valve seat. This causes friction that can eventually wear out the washer. Having a plumber replace the worn washer is the best way to stop the leak.
• Improperly Installed Washer – The washer can also leak if it is not installed properly, or if it is the wrong size. A professional can stop the leak with a proper installation.
• O-ring Problems – The handle of a faucet is help together with a stem screw. Part of this stem is a small disc known as the O-ring. With regular usage, the O-ring can wear out or become loose. This causes leakage around the handle, but a plumber can replace the O-ring.
• Valve Seat Corrosion – The connection between the spout and the faucet is known as the valve seat in a compression mechanism. Water sediments can accumulate and cause corrosion of the valve seat. This causes leakage around the spout. A plumber can clean the valve seat and stop the leaking.
It is best to get a leak fixed as soon as possible. The longer the problem continues, the more likely it will become a costly repair. Fixing the leak will also stop water loss and save you money.
Is your Oklahoma City home in need of a faucet repair? Call Hull Plumbing today at (405) 246-9763 for immediate solutions!
Easy Water Leak Detection Guide
You may just consider a leak to be nothing more than an irritating sound of “drip, drip, drip” in…
Fixing a Leaky Faucet Like a Plumber
Leaky faucets are a common issue within a Oklahoma City household. Many times these leaky faucets are due…
3 Ways to Detect a Water Leak in Your Home
Water leaks can be costly and a danger to the value of your Oklahoma City property. Even a…