Slab Leak Repair in Oklahoma City, OK
Putting an End to Destructive Slab Leaks Throughout Oklahoma County
While there are a number of different plumbing leaks that can occur on a property, among the most dangerous and elusive are slab leaks. These occur when a pipe underneath the concrete slab foundation of your home or commercial business suffers corrosion, a hole, crack, or break in it. The pressurized water that escapes can cause extensive damage to the foundation and other areas of the property if not taken care of promptly by certified professionals.
At Hull Plumbing, our technicians are experienced experts in pinpointing slab leaks and efficiently fixing them using state-of-the-art leak detection tools and techniques. Our licensed plumbing professionals have been serving the Oklahoma City area for over 25 years, providing reliable customer service and quality workmanship on each job we take on.
Signs You Have a Slab Leak
One of the toughest parts of having a slab leak is how difficult they are for the average property owner to detect. Since the leak is occurring underground, it may not be apparent until significant damage has already been done. Have you experienced a continuous increase in your water bill or heard unusual amounts of water running through your walls? Have you noticed an area on your floor that feels warm, or has your heating bill gone up significantly? If you have answered "Yes" to any of these questions, it is possible that you might have a slab leak.
Some indicators of a slab leak to watch out for include:
- The sound of running water – If you notice the sound of running water when everything should be quiet, water is flowing from some source. If you are unable to find a visual source, such as a dripping faucet, sprinkler, or ice maker, you could have a hidden leak under the slab.
- A hot spot on the floor – Hot water lines are always insulated and are not intended to heat the floor. The only exception to this rule is if the water lines are part of a radiant heating system. If your pets are gravitating to a certain location on your floor in the cooler months, check to see if the spot feels warmer than the rest of the floor. This warm area could be an indication of a slab leak.
- Cracks in the walls or the floor – There are several possible causes of cracks in the floor or the wall. However, if the ground underneath your home is compromised by water flowing from a leak, a great void could open up under the foundation. If this happened, massive stress would be put on the support structures of your home, causing cracks to appear in many different locations.
- Excessive moisture, musty odors, or mildew – A leaking slab allows moisture to creep into the flooring and build up under the carpets. The drywall will transmit the water up the wall to the next floor while simultaneously creating the perfect environment for mildew growth. If you find excessive dampness in your carpets or mildew in or on your walls, you may have a slab leak. You should call a certified slab leak plumber to investigate further.
- High water bills – Abnormally high water bills can occur for a wide variety of reasons. If you are able to rule out possibilities such as a faulty meter, and you know you haven’t increased your water consumption, you may have a leak.
While earthquakes are rare in Oklahoma City, they can happen. If one does occur, it's important to inspect all of your pipes, especially those under a slab. The movement of the earth can cause pipes to shift and result in cracks or disconnected joints. If you have a leak under the slab and don't fix it, it could potentially cause major damage.
If there is a leaky pipe, please prioritize having it professionally repaired to prevent the problem from worsening and causing a sinkhole. In case of a serious issue, it is crucial to inspect the pipes and disconnect the water supply promptly.
Don’t wait until your slab leak becomes a major problem. Contact us today at (405) 267-9283 or request an estimate online to schedule an appointment for fast and effective slab leak repair in Oklahoma City, OK. We are ready to help you get your plumbing system back in working order quickly and safely!
The Hidden Dangers of a Slab Leak
A slab leak has the potential to do more damage beyond water wastage. As it expands and more water escapes, nearby structures such as drywall and flooring can sustain severe damage. In addition, mold and mildew growth can occur, which can lead to health complications. Slab leaks have the potential to crack your foundation and create structural instability. This could cause your home to settle or heave, resulting in additional issues with the home’s frame. In extreme cases, the leak may even cause a sinkhole to form under your foundation.
Detecting slab leaks early can help you identify the cause of water damage and take corrective measures to prevent expensive home repairs. At Hull Plumbing, we can thoroughly conduct a leak inspection using sophisticated tools and techniques so the issue is found quickly. This service can also help in assessing and recording the damage for insurance claims, safeguarding the structural soundness of your home, and preventing the growth of mold.
Industry veterans dedicated to serving our community.
We ensure you're happy from start to finish. From our staff to our solutions.
We make it easy for you to have confidence in the team you call.
No matter when you need us, we're ready to help.