Oklahoma City Slab Leak Repair
Providing Rapid Slab Leak Solutions
If you think you may have a leak in one of the pipes underneath your slab foundation, then it is very important that you have it immediately checked by a professional plumber. A leak in a concrete slab can be a very dangerous situation, whether it is concerning a house or a business.
When you are in the Oklahoma City area, there is a really great reliable plumbing service that you can count on to take care of a slab leak: Hull Plumbing. Having been in business since 1998, we make slab leak repairs as easy and painless as possible.
For reliable Oklahoma City leak detection and repair services for your slab, give Hull Plumbing a call today at (405) 246-9763.
Signs of a Slab Leak
Have you noticed your water bill going up and up with no sign of abating? Do you hear abnormal amounts of water running through your walls? Have you noticed a warm patch on your floor? Is your heating bill going up astronomically? If you answered “Yes” to any of the above questions, chances are you have a slab leak. At Hull Plumbing, Inc. we offer quality leak detection services in Oklahoma City to ensure your property is safe.
What Are the Obvious Signs of a Leak?
- The Sound of Running Water – If you notice the sound of running water when everything should be quiet, water is flowing from some source. If you are unable to find a visual source, such as a dripping faucet, sprinkler or ice maker, you could have a hidden leak under the slab.
- A Hot Spot on the Floor – Hot water lines are always insulated and are not intended to heat the floor. The only exception to this rule is if the water lines are part of a radiant heating system. If your pets are gravitating to a certain location on your floor in the cooler months, check to see if the spot feels warmer than the rest of the floor. This warm area could be an indication of a slab leak.
- Cracks in the Walls or the Floor – There are several possible causes of cracks in the floor or the wall. However, if the ground underneath your home is compromised by water flowing from a leak, a great void could open up under the foundation. If this happened, massive stress would be put on the support structures of your home, causing cracks to appear in many different locations.
- Excessive Moisture, Musty Odors or Mildew – A leaking slab allows moisture to creep into the flooring and build up under the carpets. The drywall will transmit the water up the wall to the next floor while simultaneously creating the perfect environment for mildew growth. If you find excessive dampness in your carpets or mildew in or on your walls, you may have a slab leak. You should call a certified plumber to investigate further.
- High Water Bills – Abnormally high water bills can occur for a wide variety of reasons. If you are able to rule out possibilities such as a faulty meter, and you know you haven’t increased your water consumption, you may have a leak.
Though an earthquake is not a normal occurrence in Oklahoma City, it is entirely possible. In the case of one, you need to have all of your pipes, especially those under a slab, inspected. The shifting of the earth can cause your pipes to move as well resulting in cracks or disconnected joints. If there is a leak under the slab and it is not repaired, it can cause major damage. It is imperative to have the water supply disconnected and the pipes immediately inspected.
If your situation is not as dire and it is just a leaky pipe, it is also still important to get it repaired as soon as possible. If it does not get fixed, it could get worse and can even cause a sinkhole situation.
Fast, Reliable Oklahoma City Slab Leak Detection & Repair
Most homeowners put off having their property checked for leaks or delay repairing the leaks that are found. Slab leaks should be fixed as soon as they’re found to prevent costly and serious damage in the future.
Some consequences of slab leaks are:
- Damaged Foundation – If left untreated, slab leaks can seep through the flooring and reach the property’s foundation. This can result in cracks or weakening of the foundation.
- Ruined Flooring – The longer the water fills the slab, it can waterlog the carpet, saturate the flooring, and crack the tiles.
- Mold – Mold grows in damp, humid areas. When drywall soaks up water from leaks, it creates the perfect environment for the mold to grow, which can expose your family to health risks.
- Odors – Untreated water that is left to permeate through the house will cause musty, unpleasant odors.
Don't put off your need for slab leak services any longer. Most slab leak repairs are a two-day process. The first day is spent locating the leak and prepping the site.The second day is spent performing the actual repair. With the proper service, you will have your slab leak repaired in no time!
Contact Hull Plumbing and let our highly trained Oklahoma City plumbers take care of your problem with speed and efficiency. At the very least, with a slab leak repair, you will notice lower water bills.
Call us at (405) 246-9763 or send an online inquiry. A representative of our Oklahoma City leak detection team will do everything possible to help get your slab leak repaired quickly.